* A new IronMan 3 trailer, which shows Tony Stark and his troops out for “some good old-fashioned revenge” has been doing the rounds. It also shows Rebecca Hall, who joins the Iron Man cast as scientist Maya Hansen, and villains Guy Pearce and Sir Ben Kingsley (yes, please!) May 3 can’t come quick enough.
* In keeping with previous shows of epic proportions, Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld placed a giant revolving globe at the center of the design house’ Fall 2013 collection at Paris Fashion Week. Shows from Valentino – a choice for many of the celebs on the red carpet these days, Alexander McQueen and Louis Vuitton followed.
* The world has been reacting to the death of Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez, who died on Tuesday after a bout with cancer. No less among those sending their condolences are long-time Chavez supporters Sean Penn and Oliver Stone.
* Deadline.com is reporting the long-gestating Marvin Gaye biopic will go ahead with Jesse L Martin in the lead role instead of Lenny Kravitz. Apparently Gaye’s family didn’t want the singer to play the part.
* British director Sam Mendes, also known as the man responsible for creating the highest-grossing Bond movie, Skyfall, has squashed any hopes that he might be directing the next installment in the franchise – telling Empire magazine he’s going to focus on his theatre work.