* Marvel Comics both stumped and intrigued fans on Tuesday, by announcing its new Thor, God of Thunder, is a woman. Writer Jason Aaron tried to explain it: “This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before.” Could be a great step for equality or just a silly idea, we shall have to see.
* The shortlist for Canada’s Polaris Music Prize, which honours the best album of the year has been revealed, and if you’re a fan of what the likes of Drake, Arcade Fire or Chromeo put out this year, you’ll be interested to know who wins, come September.
* Times are tough and harsh on Broadway – just after Holler if Ya Hear Me producers announced the show was closing down at the end of the week, Rocky is now bowing out too, after six months. The musical, co-written by Sylvester Stallone, had mixed reviews, but most agreed the final part of the show was incredible. It’ll end in August.
* Former front-woman of LA rock gorup Rilo Kiley, Jenny Lewis, has enlisted the help of Kristen Stewart, Brie Larson and Oscar-winning Anne Hathaway for her music video, Just One of the Guys. The best part is their matching tracksuits. Nah, it’s that Jenny directed the video herself and it’s for a single off her third solo album, out at the end of the month.
* The trailer released by Marvel and Disney for their first animated project Big Hero 6 looks like a lot of fun. The story revolves around a robotics prodigy called Hiro and Baymax, his big robot. If the scene where Baymax is trying to fix his injuries, so to speak, is anything to go by, he seems like the perfect kind of adorable hero the world needs right now.