* For so many years, fans of The Wonder Years had to wait for episodes to re-run on TV, or if you lived farther away, play VHS tapes (what are those?!) with old episodes taped on them, to re-live the 60s-set classic. No more! Lead actor Fred Savage tweeted – together with a cast reunion selfie – that a DVD set is finally on the way.
* Another trailer for Annie, the movie musical heading to the big screen this December, has hit the web, giving us a little more of Jamie Foxx’ Daddy Warbucks, Cameron Diaz’ Miss Hannigan and little orphan Annie, Quvenzhane Wallis. It looks like they’ve injected a whole lot of comedy into the family fable.
* Sting and Idina Menzel will be performing at the Tony Awards next month. Nominee Neil Patrick Harris will also be taking to the stage, together with Alan Cumming and Sutton Foster, in a show that should be oodles of fun, if host Hugh Jackman’s Instagram pics are anything to go by.
* Attacks by attention-seeking red-carpet reporters notwithstanding, Maleficent releases on the big screen in the US this weekend, and so too does A Million Ways in the West. Projections and expectations are that Angelina-Jolie-led film will win out at the box office, even if the film hasn’t done too well, review-wise.
* Mindy Kaling addressed the law school graduates at Harvard, with a commencement speech, during which the TV star explained how to stop the Law from getting in the way of justice.