* Some of the stars really went all out and rocked the Met Costume Gala in NYC last night – Anne Hathaway with her blonde Debbie-Harry-hair, Madonna in her outrageous ripped Marc Jacobs ensemble, and Sarah Jessica Parker, who stood out for all the right reasons in her Giles Deacon dress, Philip Treacy headpiece and Louis Vuitton boots. Punk perfection!
* Lauryn Hill has been sentenced to three months in prison for not paying almost a million dollars in taxes. The whole situation feels really sad when you hear what she told the judge about her modest life: “This wasn’t a life of jet-setting glamour. This was a life of sacrifice with very little time for myself and my children.”
* It seems even not even a former US president has the powers of persuasion that it takes to convince Led Zepplin to reunite on stage. Bill Clinton reportedly tried to get the group to play the concert for the Sandy relief concert 12.12.12. Remember the band’s take on the issue last year?
* It’s curtains for the play Orphans, starring Alec Baldwin and Ben Foster – which made headlines for the acrimonious exit of Shia LaBeouf. The show will end its run on Broadway early, in spite of the Tony Award nominations it garnered. I saw the revival and thought it lacked something, even though Foster is excellent.
* It looks like Natalie Portman’s latest film Jane Got a Gun has found a new villain, after overcoming some actor hurdles. According to Deadline, Ewan McGregor is set to take on the role, which has was originally meant to be played by Jude Law and then Bradley Cooper.