Hello from a freeeeezing snow-covered New York, where Winter storm Hercules has paid us a visit…
* Any time I get to post pictures of the sumptuous new film from Wes Anderson, you bet I take it. A clip from The Grand Budapest Hotel, which will premiere at the Berlin Film Festival next month, has landed on the Internet. In it,Â Ralph Fiennes’ Gustave H interviews new recruit Zero (played by Tony Revolori) on his first day on the job.
* The Producers Guild of America has given us its list of films the guild has nominated to compete for top honours at the PGA Entertainment Express: The Grand Budapest Hotel, PGAs, Shia LeBeouf, Veronica Mars, Spider Man: Turn Off The Dark http://shar.es/97DIAÂ Awards later in the month. Some were snubbed, but for the likes ofÂ 12 Years A SlaveÂ and Gravity, the nominations were pretty much expected. Â Last year, 9 of the films given PGA nods went on to earn Oscar ones too.
* Putting the ‘oeuf’ in his surname,Â Shia LeBoeufÂ has informed us that he’s going to ‘hop off’ Twitter for a while, in the wake of hisÂ weird plagiarism apologiesÂ to the author whose story he copied for a short film the actor made. On Wednesday theÂ TransformersÂ star hired an airplane to sky-write ‘I’m sorry Daniel Clowes,’ and then tweeted a pic about it. Because if it didn’t happen on Twitter…
* If you were a fan of the TV showÂ Veronica Mars,Â the crowd-sourced feature film now has a trailer, starring the old gang, and New Girl’s Max Greenfield too.
* Broadway’s most expensive musical, Spider-Man: Turn Off The DarkÂ will play to its last audiences on the Great White Way, before the show makes plans to pack up and head to Vegas.
Pic: The Grand Budapest