* Before he hits the screen as Nelson Mandela in Long Walk to Freedom, Idris Elba will be seen attempting to “cancel the apocalypse” in Pacific Rim. Nothing like the release of a trailer online to get fans excited ahead of the Guillermo Del Toro-directed film’s release next month.
* CineEurope, the cinema event aimed at theatres in Europe has been showing snippets of new films, and premiering others (like Turbo featuring the voice talents of Samuel L Jackson and Ryan Reynolds). On Tuesday, Fox Searchlight paid tribute to James Gandolfini when sharing the first footage from the last film he was working on before he died last week, called Animal Rescue. Tonight the lights on Broadway will be dimmed for him, ahead of his funeral in NYC tomorrow.
* Rejoice! Stevie Wonder is working on an album of gospel songs, which he’ll create with music impresario David Foster and a symphony orchestra. Titled When the World Began, the album is expected to feature both new songs and remakes of some of his classics, such as Isn’t She Lovely.
* Trent Reznor says he seized a ‘moment of inspiration‘ and that’s how he ended up creating the new Nine Inch Nails album, Hesitation Marks, due out in September. Â A video for the albumâ€™s first single Came Back Haunted, directed by David Lynch, Â is expected to make its way into the world this week.
* Tuesday marked 4 years since Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest from an overdose of Propofol. Meanwhile, the wrongful-death lawsuit, led by his mother and children, continues to play out in an LA courtroom. And today, his oldest son Prince, is expected to testify in that courtroom. Will MJ ever RIP?
[Pic: Warner Bros]