Hello from Los Angeles, where I’m meeting Chris Pine aka Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, today.
* It’s created festival envy around the world – this year’s Coachella line-up will see Outkast officially reunite, after a long hiatus. Not only that, Arcade Fire and Muse join as head-liners, and the likes of Queens of the Stone Age, Beck, Lorde, HAIM, Ellie Goulding and Pet Shop Boys are also on the bill. Good luck getting tickets.
* The public-voted People’s Choice awards gave Sandra Bullock a few statues on Wednesday night in LA – four in total – for favourite comedic and dramatic actress, favourite movie, and she shared the favorite movie duo award with Gravity co-star George Clooney. Ellen DeGeneres Fans added another trophy to her mantle, becoming the woman with the most People’s Choice honors, with a total of 14.
* Stevie Nicks made her debut on American Horror Story: Coven on Wednesday night, after becoming a fan of the show. The Fleetwood Mac singer says she relished channelling her inner white witch, summoned by Jessica Lange.
* A date has been set for the Tupac musical, Holler If Ya Hear Me. The show, inspired by the songs of the late rapper, will preview on Broadway in May, and premiere in June.
* As awards season kicks in, American Hustle, Gravity and The Great Gatsby are up for honours at the Art Directors Guild’s Excellence in Production Design Awards next month.