Today, we’re thinking of those in Kenya still suffering through the hostage situation at a Nairobi shopping centre, and paying tribute to the Ghanaian poet Kofi Awoonor who was among the victims.
* It’s here – Nirvana‘s In Utero celebrates its 20th anniversary and a special re-issue of the seminal disc releases today: 70 remastered, remixed, rare and unreleased recordings, including B-sides, compilation tracks, never-before-heard demos and live material featuring the final touring lineup of Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic, Dave Grohl, and Pat Smear.
* Breaking Bad hurtles towards its final episode this Sunday. And just in time for those of us who still need to play catch-up, Netflix has unveiled a Twitter app that hides spoilers from your feed. #21stcenturyproblems
* Depending on what you read, Daniel Radcliffe may or may not be considering the role of Freddie Mercury in the upcoming biopic, which Sacha Baron Cohen dropped out of. It’s so crazy that I think the Harry Potter stay may just do a great job of it.
* It may have taken Justin Timberlake almost 7 years to release a new album, but in the space of a few short months, he’s already releasing a follow-up. The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2 is now streaming on iTunes.
* Closing arguments will be heard in the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial today, where the late superstar’s mother is suing concert giant AEG Live in the civil negligence case. The case still has final statements to go before wrapping up.