* Madonna‘s on a mission to promote freedom of expression (for others, of course, she sorted herself on that one ages ago), and so is launching “secretprojectrevolution” – a 17-minute film she co-directed, on September 24th. Problem is, in the wake of the Navy Yard shooting, gun-toting images like the one above, are deflecting away from her aim of heralding a new global online initiative.
* Anna Nicole, the opera, made its American debut at BAM on Tuesday night, telling the story of Playboy model and trophy-wife Anna Nicole Smith, who died at the age of 39, from a drug overdose.
* Elvis Costello and The Roots have released Wise Up Ghost, two power-houses collaborating for the good of music-kind.
* Downton Abbey will be back on TV screens – at least in the UK – this weekend. The new season of the show will only air in the US in January, but there’s a little teaser so long as audiences wait for the hit series to return.
* In case you missed it, Ben Affleck addressed critics of his upcoming role as Batman, saying he’s tough enough to handle the haters.