* Stephen Colbert dropped by his soon-to-be-predecessor David Letterman’s show on Tuesday night. The two joked heartily, about, among other things, Stephen’s salary for the gig – he revealed he’d once turned down an opportunity to intern at the Late Show because he wasn’t going to be paid. Come 2015, that should be a fond memory for Colbert.
* We’ve loved him as Barney, and before that Doogie Howser, and now Neil Patrick HarrisÂ is earning high praise for his role as Hedwig in John Cameron Mitchell’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch. The new version of the production opened on Tuesday night, withÂ The New York Times’ Ben Brantley declaring that Harris now joins “an elite club of musical-comedy male supernovas that has exactly one other member these days, Hugh Jackman.” High praise, indeed.
* Robert Downey Jr is new to Twitter but it looks like he’s got the hang of it quite well – giving us his first pic from the set of The Avengers: Age of Ultron,Â which is of him andÂ executive producer Jeremy Latcham in safety vests. Keep ’em comin’, Mr Stark.
* If you’re a Pixies fan, you’ll already know you can stream the band’s first album in over 20 years, right now. Indie Cindy recorded without co-founder Kim Deal, is the 6th album fromÂ the Boston group, and no doubt a polarizing one for many.
* Oscar winnerÂ Lupita Nyong’o has toppedÂ People Magazine’s Most Beautiful list. Of course, she’s to be commended for much more than her looks, but it’s still pretty great to see her on the cover.
[Pic: The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences]