Hello – is it shlock you’re looking for? I enjoyed thisÂ New York Mag articleÂ while unashamedly turning up Don’t Stop Believin’Â on full blast.Â
* The image above is what Lupita Nyong’o posted on her Instagram feed to confirm another long-swirling rumour around the Star Wars Episode VII movie – that she is in!Â Add this toÂ the confirmation last week that the Oscar-winner scooped the rights to ChimamandaÂ Ngozi Adichie’s hit novelÂ Americanah, and Nyong’o’s second half of the year looks to be on solid footing. Let’s hope she plays more of a role in Star Wars than she did in the movie Non Stop though, where she barely spoke a line!Â Gwendoline Christie, best known for her role as Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones,Â will be joining Nyong’o on set too.
* Nyong’o was one of the guests at the CFDA Fashion Awards in New York last night. Her outfit, and what everyone else there wore, has been almost entirely overshadowed by Rihanna, who decided to dress, ahem, down for the occasion.
* Oliver Stone hasÂ announced his next move. He’ll be directing the filmÂ version of whistleblower Edward Snowden’s story, as relayed by journalist Luke Harding. The man behind JFK, Nixon and Platoon,Â Stone has a name for directing issues of cultural and political importance in American history, so this seems like a natural fit.
* After apologizingÂ for words he says have been taken out of context, Jack White isÂ makingÂ his latest album LazarettoÂ available a week early,Â streaming on iTunes. The two events are more than likely not related, but seeing as he has a many a tour date ahead of him, it’s a good thing he tried to clear the air a little.
* No stranger to controversy, Sinead O’ConnorÂ has a new album coming out too, which she has re-titled: I’m Not Bossy, I’m the Boss.Â The new name, she explains on her site, is her show of support for Sheryl Sandberg and co’s #banbossy movement. Love it!