* While tributes continue to be paid to James Gandolfini, an autopsy done in Rome has confirmed that the actor did indeed die of cardiac arrest. “One helluva guy” to “genius” are among the many amazing words being said about him. RIP Tony Soprano.
* Paul Thomas Anderson‘s Inherent Vice keeps picking up speed, and the latest cast member set to be added is none other than South African-born Sascha Pieterse, who plays “A” in the TV show Pretty Little Liars. The film, based on the Thomas Pynchon detective novel, already includes Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Josh Brolin and Martin Short.
* “Jenny from the block” can now lay claim to a piece of a block – albeit on the opposite coast to the one where she was born. Jennifer Lopez got her very own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday. It’s the 2500th star to be awarded, and although J-Lo received it mainly for her recording work, her Monster-in-Law co-star Jane Fonda believes she should have a “whole row” of them.
* At least we can rest easy for Avengers 2 and 3 – Robert Downey Jr has been confirmed to play Iron Man in both. The only thing still not known is whether he’ll reprise the character for future Tony Stark-centred installments of Iron Man.
* Spud: The Madness Continues opens on the South African movie circuit this weekend, while the series – based on the hugely popular John van der Ruit books – continues to keep filming. Spud 3 is currently in production, with John Cleese still providing humour and mentorship to Troye Sivan’s title character.