Hello there – looking to move on from the Miley minutiae? You’ve come to the right place…
* After dropping details about his forthcoming album via tweets during the VMAs, Eminem has ‘showed up with a coat fresher than wet paint’ and released the first single,Â Berzerk, produced by Rick Rubin – a rock-fuelled spat-attack on living life large.
* The actor who played Jackie Robinson soon take on another iconic role. Chadwick Boseman, from the movie 42, will play James Brown in a long-brewing biopic about the late soul singer, which will be directed by The Help‘s Tate Taylor.
* From making indie movies that didn’t go anywhere to crushing the box office with the Fast & the Furious franchise, Vin Diesel earned himself a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame – and just in time for the release of his new movie, Riddick.Â
* Turning away from his acclaimed novel The Ocean at the End of the Lane, British author Neil GaimanÂ has written a children’s book – a wacky story about a father looking for milk for his kid’s cereal. Titled, Fortunately, The Milk, it features aliens, pirates and dinosaurs, and it’s also according to the authorÂ “the silliest book” he’s ever written. Reason enough to rush out and get it next month.
* And – if you missed it, Forbes named Madonna its highest earning celebrity of 2013, with $125 million made between over the last year, mostly because of her record-breaking tour. Director Steven Spielberg follows, and 50 Shades of Grey author E.L James ties with Simon Cowell and Howard Stern.
[Pic: Eminem’s Instagram]