* First off, some really good news – Dustin Hoffman is doing well after successfully being treated for cancer. Not many details have been revealed but I know fans of the 75-year-old Oscar-winner (including me) are glad to hear he’s okay.
* Sadly, it’s been a time of paying tribute to jazz and funk keyboardist George Duke who died of heart complications on Monday. Known for his crossover style and love for the synthesizer, Duke will probably best be remembered for being able to move effortlessly from jazz to playing keyboards for the likes of Frank Zappa and Michael Jackson.
* Ahead of the release of their new album,Â Mechanical Bull,Â next month,Â Kings of Leon show their penchant for ‘sentimental girls’ in the 1950’s-inspiredÂ music video for first singleÂ Supersoaker.
* Another British TV series is set to capture the hearts of the American TV collective. After earning excellent reviews in the UK, crime thrillerÂ BroadchurchÂ is making its debut State-side tonight, and looks like it’ll carry on the “Downton Abbey must-watch” tradition.
* Drake‘s latest song, Hold On We’re Going Home – which is off his upcoming third studio album, Nothing Was the Same – is a slice of pure retro pop, sans rapping.