* The stars’ political colours are showing – Hollywood is reacting to Clint Eastwood’s speech at the Republican National Convention, with US President Barack Obama’s tweet seeming to have topped them all! Meanwhile, Mitt Romney has said he is also a fan of The Killers, with guitarist Mark Stoermer indicating the band, unlike others, doesn’t seem to mind all that much.
* Yoko Ono and her son Sean Lennon are rallying support for their Artists Against Fracturing coalition. Lennon Jnr wrote an op-ed in the New York Times this week, stating why he is against the process. The artist coalition includes the likes of Lady Gaga, Alec Baldwin and Bonnie Rait, and they want you to send a message to NY Governor Andrew Cuomo.
* The dark video for Bob Dylan’s new song Duquesne Whistle features Aussie actor Joel Edgerton (soon to be seen in The Great Gatsby) and is directed by his brother, stunt-double, Nash.
* Dave Matthews reached out to fans asking them to send photos and videos for the ultimate tributeÂ musicÂ video for Mercy, which a single off their forthcoming album,Â Away From The WorldÂ .
* The party’s finally over – MTV has decided to make Season 6 of Jersey Shore, the very last one. We’ll be there for the Guido send-off.