* Bond, the 24th Bond, is coming in 2015, and it’s been confirmed that Sam Mendes will be back in the director’s chair. Daniel Craig is sticking around too. And there’s plenty of time to start thinking who will sing the theme song.
* The Global Festival – that fantastic initiative of getting people to learn about supporting specific social causes in exchange for tickets to concerts, have announced the line-up for this year’s Central Park show. Stevie Wonder, Kings of Leon, John Mayer and Alicia Keys fill the bill, following on from last year’s successful event. I would have been happy just with Mr Wonder so it’s going to be a good one.
* Surely the best news all week (next to that posted above, of course) Pearl Jam dropped a new song on us – just under 3 minutes of urgency-filled Mind Your Manners, ahead of their forthcoming October release Lightning Bolt, and new tour.
* South African songstress Simphiwe Dana, winner of countless accolades for her blend of jazz and soul, makes her New York debut in Harlem this weekend, after stunning the likes of Maxwell and Jill Scott at the Essence Festival in New Orleans last weekend. Halala!
* If you were otherwise occupied last night, you may have been as disturbed as I was to see everyone tweeting about something called “Sharknado”. Turns out it was the SyFy Channel’s twisted sharks-in-tornados-themed movie and it proved to be a TV hit on social media.