* The trailer for HBO’s movie about Phil SpectorÂ shows a fieryÂ Al Pacino channelling the prolific producer, who’sÂ currently serving a life sentence for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson. Pacino also dons the necessary wigs to portray Â Spector’s hair-style choices too, while starring alongside Oscar-winner Helen Mirren. Roll on March 24.
* In an interview with CNBC, Disney head honcho Bob Iger confirmed there will be 3 more films coming out of the company’sÂ acquisitionÂ of Lucasfilm in October last year, on top of the 3 Star Wars sequels already in the works (the first, JJ Abrams was just recently confirmed to direct). Iger says they’ll be stand-alone movies based on characters from the beloved franchise.
* A giant Picasso portrait of his mistress sold for around $45 million at a Sotheby’s auction of impressionist, modern and surrealist art in London – highlighting the strength ofÂ the high-art world in the face of broader recession troubles.
* A new Bridget Jones’ Diary novel should be hitting shelves in November. Author Helen Fielding, who paved the way for the “chic-lit” genre, is reportedly having a ball writing the book. The same can’t be said, it seems, of those trying to get the third installment of the movie series, starring Renee Zellweger, off the ground.
* Despite not being a fan of the Internet for many years, Â Prince has released yet another new trackÂ online, via his web-store. Breakfast Can WaitÂ feels like the kind of thing the artist would say after hooking up inÂ Rock ‘n Roll Love Affair,Â the track he released in November last year. More music is expected soon, and the Purple One will be honoured at a charity tribute concert in NYC next month too.