* NY Fashion Week is in the home stretch but the sisters of Rodarte made us squeal in delight with these Star Wars themed dresses, playing on their love of sci-fi.
* Sing ahhhhh! Hugh Jackman will be back hosting the Tony Awards this year – his fourth time. Naturally the social-media-loving Oscar-winner used Instagram to make the announcement.
* Shia LaBeouf has taken his performance art, or whatever it is he’s doing right now, to the next stage, holding bag-covered court in an LA gallery, akin to Marina Abramovic’s The Artist is Present. Only his is titled #I’mNotFamousAnymore. Perhaps if he didn’t have the bag on his head, we might believe he means it.
* Martin Scorsese may have garnered much critical acclaim over the years, but now, The Wolf of Wall Street has given him his highest grossing film ever. The film has cracked the $300 million mark – and counting.
* Broadway’s darling Idina Menzel will be performing at the Oscars – the hit song from the hit animated flick Frozen, Let It Go. This should help raise the profile of the woman who brought life to memorable characters from Rent and Wicked.
* Sunday night February 9th, 1964 belonged to the Beatles, as it did Sunday 9th, 2014. CBS ran a special, recorded the day after the Grammys, saluting the lads from Liverpool, and the enduring impact their performance on The Ed Sullivan Show has had on America in the 50 years since.
* Shia LaBeouf is giving attendees of this year’s Berlin Film Festival something other than movies to talk about. The actor, who recently said he was stepping back from the limelight a bit following a spot of plagiarism, wore a paper bag over his head and walked out of the press conference for Nymphomaniac 1.
* NY Fashion Week continued into the weekend, as it does into the week. South African designer David Tlale presented his solo show, as did the likes of Alexander Wang, Diane von Furstenberg and Prabal Gurung.
* The Lego Movie, which seems to have earned rave reviews from all corners, beat out The Monuments Men at the box office this past weekend.
* The Walking Dead returned, after a mid-season break, bringing with it these spoilers.