Hello from New York – where we will soon have our very own cupcake ATM.
* Director Bryan Singer tweeted out the much meatier second trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past, in which we see a lot more of the cast and action of what looks to be a fun frolic into the past. Glimpses of the characters from the original X-Men join forces with their younger selves from X-Men: First Class, to try go back and change the course of fate. The film is due out in May.
* There hasn’t been a new album from the Pixies since 1991, but as of next month, that all changes. The alt-rockers release Indie Candy in April – sans co-founding bassist Kim Deal – but today, you can get three of those songs off their website.
* Sundance London announced its lineup for this year’s across-the-pond edition of the famous festival. Running for a third year, the fest will feature 21 films, including one about Jarvis Cocker and his band Pulp, which will surely be a treat for Britpop fans.
* If you’re a CSI fan, you’ll be saying goodbye to one of the show’s two long-standing cast members. Paul Guilfoyle, who has played Captain Jim Brass since the crime drama debuted in 2000, will be leaving at the end of the current season. That means he stuck around for 14 seasons. Talk about longevity.
* Japanese architect Shigeru Ban has won the architect’s world version top accolade, the Prizker Prize. Ban designed the wonderful Centre Pompidou Metz art museum in Paris, but he was given the prize for the innovative way he uses everyday materials to construct temporary relief shelters.