* Deadline is right when it likens the new True Detective casting rumours to the whole Star Wars frenzy. Creator Nic Pizzolatto has revealed there will be 3 main characters this time around, fuelling more thoughts and opinions as to which actors could play those roles. Personally, I like the idea of adding Joaquin Phoenix into the psycho-filled landscape.
* There’s big and then there’s bigger – My Big Fat Greek Wedding is getting a sequel. Creator and happily-married Nia Vardalos says she has already written the second feature, and can’t wait to kiss John Corbett again. Opa!
* The Edinburgh Film Festival has a host of highlights on its slate for next month – including Anton Corbijn’s A Most Wanted Man, starring the late Philip Seymour Hoffman and Welcome to New York, the Gerard Depardieu-led movie inspired by the case of former IMF managing director Dominique Strauss-Kahn.
* One of the best things about being in the UK for the week, which I am, is being able to catch Later…with Jools Holland live on the telly, instead of via delayed Internet clips. Tuesday’s episode featured Arcade Fire, Sharon van Etten, Wild Beasts and a singer called Kwabs, a newcomer definitely worth keeping an eye on. Watch his performance of his debut single Wrong or Right to see why the Guardian calls him the new Seal.
* And over on US TV, Little Dragon performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live and released the music video for their track, Paris – without an Eiffel Tower in sight. Merci, LT.