Hello – we begin with news from the Purple Pancake One…
* It turns out Prince has a whole other album of music ready to go – aside from the one he has recorded with 3rdEyeGirl, Plectrum Electrum, which has still not been released. The singer played Jon Bream from the Star Tribune music from this new ‘other’ album, which includes a song he has done with British pop-star Rita Ora. Let’s just declare a Prince day and have all the music come out at once already – no more waiting!
* HBO’s new show, The Leftovers, had its premiere in NY on Monday night. The series, written by Damon Lindelof, based on a book by Tom Perrotta, stars Liv Tyler and Justin Theroux, so Jennifer Aniston was there. My friend who was there says this series, which takes place in the wake of the “Rapture”, with all the people who were ‘left behind’, is his new obsession. Lindelof hooked us with Lost, so I’m sure it’ll be worth watching.
* Diane Von Furstenberg is trying to help Google Glass look a little better with her designs for the eyewear. But as Slate points out, not even the celebrated designer can do much to mask the fact that people are still wearing little cameras on their faces. I’ve been seeing more people wearing them around New York, but not enough yet to make it even remotely inconspicuous.
* With The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, releasing in November, the filmmakers have released some pretty cool posters for the next installment. One the film’s official site, the District Heroes pose in pics that show off their skills and talents.
* Tony award winner Neil Patrick Harris has a book coming out and it’s not called The Playbook or the Bro Code. But it is a playful take on the autobiography with a choose-the-adventure flavour to it. Those books were so much fun to read as kids, and NPH is so much fun, so it’s a winning combination really.