Hello from Los Angeles where I managed to accidentally slap Enrique Iglesias while waiting for an interview with Leonardo DiCaprio…
* The Hunger Games: Catching Fire had its LA premiere on Monday night, after various premieres in Europe. Jennifer Lawrence put the ‘haute’ in Dior Haute Couture, and yeah, the rest of the cast came out too. Meanwhile in NYC, the other Oscar-winning Jennifer – Hudson – premiered Black Nativity with the rest of her cast members.
* Prince has given us another little treat off his forthcoming-but-who-knows-when album, titled Da Bourgeoisie. And just so you know, ‘no mammals were harmed during the recording of [the] track.’
* Anchorman 2 has its own exhibition at the Newseum and now a university in Boston will honour the fictional ’70s broadcasting legend who helms it all with a name change – keeping it classy just for a day, though.
* Lauryn Hill has announced she’ll be performing in New York before the end of the month – the first show since serving time in prison for tax evasion.
* The most expensive musical ever staged, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, is due to end its Broadway run in January and head to Las Vegas soon after.