Hello from NYC – where the cronut bakery is back in business.
* Heeey, you guuuuys! This past weekend, TMZ caught Goonies director Richard Donner out and about, and asked him about his next plans. He revealed a sequel to the 1985 classic is in the works, and that they want to get the original cast back, almost 30 years later. Some of them aren’t even acting anymore, but that would surely bring the where-are-they-now game full circle.
* With the new film starting to shoot in May, we should find out soon who really is going to be in Star Wars VII. Rumours have been aplenty, but The Hollywood Reporter is saying it has it on good authority that Peter Mayhew, the original actor who grunted his way through playing Chewbacca, will reprise his role.
* Ed Sheeran debuted his new song on Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio 1 show – and almost crashed the Internet in the process. The Grammy-nominated artist admits the track – titled Sing – is unlike anything he’s ever done beforehand. That may be but it’s a hot one! The influence of producer Pharrell Williams is unmistakeable. Just listen to that Justin Timberlake-falsetto!
* It’s no surprise to hear Game of Thrones shattered ratings for its Sunday night premiere – giving HBO the channel’s highest since the Sopranos finale. Conversely, it’s also the most pirated series out there too.
* Poet and actor Saul Williams will star in the upcoming musical based on the songs of Tupac Shakur, Holla If Ya Hear Me. It’s an inspired move – Williams will surely bring his great talent for performance to the show.