* You may have heard a little ceremony called the Golden Globes took place in Los Angeles on Sunday night. In case you’re late to the party, so to speak, here are the winners. Post-ceremony controversy came from Mia and Ronan Farrow, in response to Woody Allen’s Cecil B DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award.
* Peter Berg’s Navy SEALS drama Lone Survivor won over the North American box office this past weekend.
* In another big move for the music industry, Oasis has made its music available to be streamed online on services like Spotify, Deezer, and Rdio – that’s all 8 albums of the British band’s catalogue. Nice fuel for those rumours the band may – or of course, may not – be reuniting some time this year.
* One reunion that is happening is the addition of Christine McVie back into the Fleetwood Mac line-up, after 15 years. This, following a show in London with her fellow bandmates in September last year.
* Girls began its third season with Sunday’s premiere – the show has been renewed for a 4th season, but no more Boardwalk Empire after that show’s 5th season is done filming.