* Moving on from being Happy all day, every day, Pharrell has released his tribute to women of the world with a music video for Marilyn Monroe that lingers over dance moves, features that Vivienne Westwood hat, in various colours, and has a cameo from Kelly Osborne.
* The Hollywood Reporter reports Lupita Nyong’o and Scarlett Johannson are in the final stage of talks to join Jon Favreau’s live-action remake of The Jungle Book – along with Idris Elba. Sounds like a s-s-stellar cast is-s-s coming together.
* As the US Supreme Court mulls over the legality of Aereo (a great breakdown of which can be found here), HBO‘s decision to team up with Amazon Prime in offering their back catalogue of shows, like The Wire, Girls and The Sopranos indicates just how rapidly TV as we know it is changing.
* The troubled film about the musician Greg Allman Midnight Rider has lost its leading man – Oscar winner William Hurt has pulled out of playing the rocker, following the accidental death of crew member Sarah Jones. Understandably so. The death of Jones, who was hit by a train, while she trying to set up a shot with Hurt, has brought the project under intense scrutiny for production safety.
* The cast of Orange is the New Black are on the cover of this week’s Entertainment Weekly, and the mag has a sneak preview of the opening scene from Season 2, which arrives on Netflix in June. This time, says series creator Jenji Kohan, expect even more drama.
[Pic: Sony Music]