* Fresh from his Golden Globe win, Michael Douglas will take on the role of scientist Hank Pym in Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man movie, it was announced on Monday. He joins Paul Rudd, who’ll be playing a different version of the superhero role. All very intriguing.
* Expect to start hearing a lot coming out of this year’s Sundance Festival about this movie. Richard Linklater, the genius behind the Before Sunrise, etc series, will present his latest movie, Boyhood at the fest – after it was just recently added to the line-up. It’s an anticipated one because he’s incorporated the real-life aging process into the story…
* Big Boi and Andre 3000 have taken the marketing for their Outkast reunion to the Twitter level, by joining the social media site under one name.
* Word is Quentin Tarantino‘s new film is going to be called The Hateful Eight, and it’ll be another Western.
* If you were wondering where Foster the People went, wonder no more. The band’s second album has been confirmed to come out in March – and the Pumped Up Kicks lead singer Mark Foster says some of the album’s sound has been influenced by “North and West Africa.”
Pic: courtesy Golden Globes