Well, hello there! It was bound to happen, and I’m so glad it is. Let’s get into today’s stories worth knowing…
* After watching Inside Llewyn Davis at Cannes earlier this year, many of the journalists wanted to know if an album of music would be released and if a folk music concert would take place too. Well, the concert part is now happening at the end of September, and will feature musical acts including Joan Baez, Marcus Mumford, Patti Smith and Jack White. Plus, some of the film’s cast, including Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan and John Goodman, will also perform.
* Speaking of which, the Coen Brothers movie is part of the slate that will screen at the New York Film Festival, together with a host of other Cannes favourites. There is still much to look forward to as well – Captain Phillips, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and Her, just to name a few.
* In really sad news, former Disney child star Lee Thompson Young was found dead at his LA home on Monday. The actor, who also played a detective on the series Rizzoli & Isles, was just 29. His manager released a statement saying it was a suicide.
* Lady Gaga took over all the billboards in Times Square on Monday to release the music video for her new single, Applause, in which she sits in a top hat, dances in a cage and wears an array of interesting lingerie. Someone tell me where I can get the “hands-on bra”, please. The singer will also open this weekend’s MTV VMAs.
* Not just a pretty zombie killer, The Walking Dead‘s Norman Reedus, who plays Daryl Dixon, will show off his artistic side, releasing a book featuring photos from his world travels over the past 15 years called The Sun’s Coming Up … Like a Big Bald Head, in October.
[Pic: CBS Films]