* THR has announced that Harrison Ford is joining the cast of Anchorman 2, which begins filming in Atlanta very soon. This is going to be a great year for fans of the 70-year old actor – he’s also set to reprise his role as Hans Solo in Disney’s forthcoming Star Wars Episode VII, the Jackie Robinson biopic, 42 and Ender’s Game, directed by Tsotsi’s Gavin Hood.
* As if this year’s line-up couldn’t get any better, Iggy & the Stooges are now also on the 2103 SXSW bill. Added to a list of shows by Dave Grohl and the Sound City Players, Green Day, Justin Timberlake (although this one is set to be a private affair) and Nick Cave, Iggy Pop and the Stooges will perform at a House of Vans showcase, ahead of their forthcoming album release, Ready to Die.
* Alabama Shakes’s feisty singer Brittany Howard will inject some feminine energy into a cover of the classic (and for many American fans, newly-discovered) Rodriguez hit, I Wonder, together with Nigerian-born musician Ruby Amanfu, who works with Jack White. The pair will be accompanied by White’s all-male band The Buzzards. Listen out for it next week.
* Bryan Singer’s Jack and the Giant Slayer hasn’t been doing too well at the box office, but at least he has the new X-Men movie to look forward to, especially since Halle Berry has been confirmed to reprise her role as Storm in Days of Future Past. Omar Sy from the French film The Intouchables has also been added to the cast.
* FBI files released have shown the kinds of pressure Whitney Houston faced from blackmailers and obsessive fans before the singer was found dead in her Beverly Hills hotel room a year go. Released in response to a freedom of information request, the FBI’s documents cover 11 years of threats against the artist, from 1988 to 1999.