Hello! Time for Ghostface Killah emojis yet?
* Following the news last week that Bjork‘s app-based album Biophilia will be part of the permanent collection at MoMA, comes the news that the museum will be staging a retrospective of the singer’s career next year, which will run for 3 months. The specifics haven’t been announced yet but according to the museum, the exhibition will trace the arc of her career through 7 studio albums and showcase the collaborations she’s done with artists, photographers and fashion designers. I can only imagine what a sensory feast this will be!
* The first official pic of Jamie Dornan as 50 Shades of Grey‘s protagonist Dorian Grey has been circulating. The actor’s face is fully visible after two other images were released earlier this year but they hid what he looked like as the character. Speaking of official pics, the poster and trailer for Woody Allen‘s Magic in the Moonlight with Emma Stone and Colin Firth has also been released.
* Another cast pic has been released too – this one from the set of the NWA biopic, Straight Outta Compton, I mentioned earlier this week. Dr Dre tweeted the pic and gave the film’s release date as next August. Sometimes having ‘unknown’ names portray well known figures is beneficial so I’m looking forward to seeing what this film’s Ice Cube, Eazy-E and Dre are like.
* Jazz musician Horace Silver, pioneer of hard bop, has died at the age of 85 in upstate New York. Silver had been a staple of the iconic Blue Note jazz label and recorded 20 albums for it. His work was influential to a number of musicians who came after him.
* While the 7th and final season of True Blood begins this weekend, there may be new life for the series yet. Variety reports composer Nathan Barr has been working with Stephen Moyer, who plays Bill, on some song ideas, which he’s presenting to HBO for a True Blood musical. Hmmm. Not so sure about this one…