* Ben Stiller looks as if he’s achieved a great feat directing, producing and acting in the upcoming The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. The trailer, with its beautiful imagery, is paced gorgeously to Of Monsters and Men’s Dirty Paws, and gives us a glimpse of the treat we’re in for come Christmas Day when it releases. The remake of Danny Kaye’s 1947 film based on the James Thurber short story of the same name is already also attracting Oscar buzz too.
* In two weeks’ time the final episodes of Breaking Bad will air, and ahead of this AMC has released a teaser of Bryan Cranston reading a chilling version of the sonnet by Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias, as his Emmy-winning alter ego Walter White.
* I thoroughly enjoyed Eileen Brennan as Mrs Peacock in Clue, and as Jack’s crazy acting coach in Will and Grace, but the stalwart of stage and film, who died of bladder cancer at the age of 80 on Sunday, will perhaps best be remembered for her Oscar-nominated role in Private Benjamin.
* Australia’s Big Day Out has announced Pearl Jam, Blur and Snoop Dogg will headline the festival in January. If it wasn’t for Arcade Fire joining them, it might have been a total 90s revival. The rest of the line-up reveals that’s not the case.
* Denzel Washington says he’s heading back to Broadway for a revival of A Raisin in the Sun, with his wife, Pauletta.
And – now the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has a new leader. Cheryl Boone Isaacs has been elected president and will decide who hosts next year’s Oscars – among other things, of course.