* It’s been revealed how Archie, from the Life with Archie comic series, will be killed off. It was announced in April that the Archie who appears in the series that features the Riverdale teens as adults, would die. That day is tomorrow, but his death, the writers say, will be heroic.
* Martin Scorsese‘s next film has been slated for release in 2015, and there’s already talk about the Oscar buzz it should receive. Based on a Shusako Endo novel, Silence is a bucket-list movie for the director, who is currently working on a documentary about Bill Clinton for HBO.
* The Broadway run for the musical created out of Tupac Shakur lyrics, Holler if Ya Hear Me, is being cut short. The show, which has suffered from low attendance and mixed reviews, will end this Sunday. On the other side of the curtain, an off-Broadway run will begin for the American Psycho musical, based on the controversial Bret Easton Ellis novel, which has been staged in London.
* Weird Al Yankovic deserves points for longevity. The parody-loving singer has released 14 albums of music-mockery and this week adds another one to the pile. At least it’s spawned this funny video featuring the likes of Jack Black and Margaret Cho, turning Pharrell’s Happy into Tacky.
* They’ve only released half the number of albums Weird Al has, but Blink 182 has announced a new one is in the works. Tom DeLonge took to Instagram to reveal the news, as Enema of the State celebrates its 15th anniversary this year. Wow. Already. What’s my age again…?
[Pic: Archie Comics]