Hello Tuesday – Can we just work it out?
* Rejoice, for Grammy-winning group Arcade Fire released a lyric video for their new single, Afterlife (“Oh my God, what an awful word”) featuring clips from Marcel Camus’ 1959 film Black Orpheus.
* It’s a big day for Katy Perry and her legion of Katy Cats. Prism, her fourth studio album, comes out. Among the things she’s doing to promote it, is give tips on how to be good at Twitter.
* Staying with music, last week a new trailer for Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom was released, giving us a snippet of a new song U2 has recorded to go along with the film’s soundtrack of Miriam Makeba and other Sophiatown artists. And of course, Oscar buzz is building around it too…
* Keeping it on the tunes but this is not something to cheer about at all…Cee Lo Green is facing charges he slipped Ecstasy into a woman’s drink last year. The Voice judge, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Calloway, appeared before an LA County Superior Court judge and pleaded not guilty.
* The nominees for the YouTube Music Awards are out and voting begins today. Aside from the usual categories like Artist of the Year and Song of the Year, there are ones like Best Response and Innovation of the Year that should set these awards apart from the rest.