Here’s to the 70th edition – and my 11th – of the Cannes Film Festival!
– to sharing teeny-tiny apartments with teeny-tiny flights of stairs and no elevator
– to forgoing late-night parties for early-morning miles with breathtaking views
– to Tilda, and Jake, and, Will, and Isabelle
– to dancing to Justice with a recovering knee
– to a 33-year old street artist & an 88-year old film legend taking a moving road trip together
– to being blown away by Inarritu & Lubezki and the possibilities of VR
– to red carpets for porta potties, and in the press room, and outside churches
– to drinking rose while on deadline & eating fresh outta-the-oven pain au chocolat
– to watching restored classic African films on the big screen, hoping others get to do the same very soon.