Hello – on this day that is Paul McCartney’s 72nd birthday!
* OK Go have been the kings of the music video form ever since they released Here We Go Again‘s choreographed treadmill routine. Their newest video, for the single The Writing’s On the Wall, took over 3 weeks to assemble and more than 50 takes to get right, according to Rolling Stone. But it’s so awesome! The group’s next album, Hungry Ghosts, comes out in October.
* Fargo, the 10-part TV series based on the movie of the same name, wrapped up on Tuesday night. It’s not clear if the series will be back again for another round, like True Detective. Meanwhile, I’ll be adding it to my list of Series To Catch Up On.
* Katy Perry is looking for new talent to support – the singer has started her own record label and signed Jordanian singer / songwriter Ferras as the first artist. The label’s called Metamorphosis Music, and it’s a joint venture with Capitol Records.Ferras is going to be touring with Perry too – and perhaps some of the hit-single magic will rub off on him too.
* We’ve watched Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson follow their new paths since Harry Potter wrapped up, now their former co-star has some news to share too – Rupert Grint, who immortalized Ron Weasley, will make his Broadway debut in October in Terrence McNally’s comedy It’s Only a Play. He’ll be starring alongside actors who are very comfortable on stage, including Matthew Broderick, Nathan Lane and Stockard Channing.
* In May at Cannes, we were treated to the star-powered cast of The Expendables 3, riding tanks and talking about the old days. Now the trailer for the film has been doing the rounds, which reunites Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren et al with the likes of Mel Giblson, Harrison Ford and Antonio Banderas.