* Ooh la la! Fashion pundits and armchair-critics alike have been voicing their opinions on the dresses that were worn for this year’s Met Costume Gala. For what it’s worth, Janelle Monae, Dita von Teese, Sarah Jessica Parker and Zoe Saldana were among my top looks for the night. It was also the first time Charlize Theron and Sean Penn took to a red carpet together, and their monochromatic look was very elegant indeed. Earlier in the day, First Lady Michelle Obama cut the ribbon of the new Anna Wintour Costume Centre, where the late British-born fashion designer Charles James is being remembered for becoming “America’s First Couturier” with this year’s Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute exhibition.
* Orange is the New Black has been renewed for a third season. And we all say, yay! Netflix seems to be going from strength to strength – with House of Cards also having been confirmed for a third season too. Let’s just hope the seasons don’t waiver in their offerings along the way.
* Carlos Santana has a new album out, called Corazon, that he says is very much like previous album Supernatural, where he teamed up with collaborators. “The songs would come first. The songs would be like glass slippers and then you look for Cinder-fella or Cinderella,” the Mexican-born guitar virtuoso told Billboard. Happy Cinco de Mayo, indeed!
* The origin story of origin stories – a trailer for the upcoming TV series Gotham played during the premiere of the new 24 series on Monday night. Centred around the death of Bruce Wayne’s parents and Commissioner James Gordon’s rise to prominence in the year’s before Batman’s arrival on the scene, the show looks like it could be oh-so-good. It’ll debut later in the year.
* The Black Keys have been busy producing other projects (frontman Dan Auerbach – Lana Del Rey and Dr John albums; drummer Patrick Carney – a Sirius XM radio show) but now their latest album is about to be released. Turn Blue is streaming on iTunes Radio, a week before its release, with 11 tracks from the Grammy-nominated rock duo. Tuesday, you have your soundtrack.