* Man of Steel proved its mettle at the box office this weekend, bringing in over $125 million from the US and selected countries overseas. This also gives the film, according to those who know these things, the biggest opening for the month of June in movie history ever, which is traditionally fuelled by Fathers’ Day. Hurrah for Henry Cavill!
* That four-day festival in Tennessee lovingly known as Bonnaroo, ended on Sunday, after Paul McCartney performed for the first time there on Friday night. His set included a giant sing-a-long of Hey Jude, which I can only imagine was spectacular. R. Kelly, Kendrick Lamar and Jack Johnson also won their fair share of audience love during the weekend too.
* Jay-Z has a new album coming out next month – the catch is Samsung’s already snapped up a million copies to give to users of their phones for free. Magna Carta Holy Grail is due out, patriotically, on the 4th of July.
* The Daytime Emmy Awards were handed out on Sunday night. Imagine being Doug Davidson of The Young and the Restless, who won best lead actor, earning his first career trophy for a role he’s played since 1978. Talk about keeping the faith.
* Thanks to Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio, the Kanye-driven trailer for
[Pic: Warner Bros]