* The Metropolitan Museum of Art will soon receive a $1 billion gift from Leonard Lauder and art-lovers in New York will have new Cubist works to appreciate as a result. The cosmetics tycoon was looking for the perfect place to house his collection of 78 pieces of Cubist art, and with the great rennovations going on at the Met, he found it.
* Kate Bush received a CBE for her services to music from the Queen on Wednesday at a ceremony at Windsor Castle. Wuthering Heights alone would be reason enough for the honour, but her 10 albums and 40 year career does it too.
* The artist line-up for the Jay-Z-curated Budweiser Made in America festival, which takes place in Philly at the end of August, has been revealed. Beyoncé, Nine Inch Nails, Deadmau5 and Phoenix are set to headline. It’s not nepotism if your wife is Queen Bey – it’s just good sense.
* Staying with Jay-Z news, he penned this Timbaland-Swizz-Beatz-produced open letter on the whole Cuba controversy.
* After all the palava created over Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark, the players involved have finally settled the dispute involving the most expensive Broadway show ever produced. Seems they took the lyrics “Rise Above” to heart.