* It’s Oscars week! And while another much more shocking Oscar story unfolds in South Africa, I’m in LA to cover the build-up to the 85th awards ceremony this Sunday. First-time host Seth MacFarlane says he’s ready for it.
* Robert Plant sure likes to tease Led Zeppelin fans. He’s hinted to the Australian version of 60 Minutes that he isn’t the one who doesn’t want a reunion to happen.
* Thom Yorke’s side project Atoms for Peace is streaming its first official album Amok online, ahead of the 25th of Feb release date. Its full of beats and breaks, tweaks and twitches – both organic and synthetic – summed up fantastically here.
* Questions still surround the apparent suicide of country music star Mindy McCready who was found dead on Sunday. Her history of drug and alcohol abuse seems to have overshadowed her standing in the music business – having inspired the likes of Carrie Underwood and Leanne Rimes.
* Wish a mash of bold colours and bright sequins, Tom Ford staged his first official foray into London Fashion Week - at St James’ Palace, nogal. The American designer looks set to secure his foothold in Europe, as he continues to make Justin Timberlake’s Suit & Tie look good wherever the singer goes.