* The music fraternity is responding in earnest to the new track Justin Timberlake finally, after 6 years, has put out, noting the somewhat understated nature of its release. Suit & Tie is the prelude to The 20/20 Experience, due out soon.
* February’s going to be one big month of Beyonce. As the singer prepares to premiere her documentary on HBO on the 16th, she’s also gearing up to play the Super Bowl half-time show on the 3rd, reportedly with her Destiny’s Child cohorts. Ahead of Michelle Williams and Kelly Rowland joining Bey for some of her show, comes Nuclear – a Pharrell-produced 90s-inspired love-tempo track off their new album, out at the end of January. Just in time for February!
* Oprah’s preparing for a huge boost in ratings if the hype around her interview with disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong is anything to go by. It’s believed he made a confession to the talk show queen about his doping scandal in the interview, which will air this Thursday and Friday.
* As pundits mull over possible crossover wins between the Golden Globes and the upcoming Oscars, figures for Sunday night’s ceremony reveal the awards show drew nearly 20 million viewers. And it all it took was two smart gals, Jodie Foster and 42nd US president.
* The Carrie Diaries made its long-awaited debut, providing the background to a show that changed TV as we know it. Long-time Carrie fans are being provided with a backstory to the iconic character, while young new fans will gain a different introduction to the woman who made Manolos and Magnolia’s famous.
* Author best-selling author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, Khaled Hosseini’s new book, And The Mountains Echoed is set for release in May. It’s reported the book will deal with many of the themes the Afghani writer is known for – betrayal, honor and sacrifice.