Entertainment Express: Michael Clarke Duncan, Democratic National Convention, John Cage, Ellen Degeneres, Paul McCartney + Jeff Bridges,
* The entertainment world continues to mourn the death of 54-year-old actor Michael Clarke Duncan, who most famously won over audiences, and an Oscar nomination, for his role in The Green Mile. The director who gave him his first big break, Michael Bay, has paid tribute to Duncan on his website.
* The Democratic National Convention in North Carolina continues to draw its share of celebs – John Leguizamo is among a group of artists attending to make sure the arts gets the support it needs, from whoever wins the election. Meanwhile, Eva Longoria will address the convention tomorrow before President Barack Obama speaks.
* The BBC Symphony Orchestra performed John Cage’s 4’33, in honour of what would have been his 100th birthday today.
* Sir Paul McCartney will be given the highest of French awards – the Legion d’honneur – at a ceremony this weekend.
* Speaking of awards and honours, Ellen Degeneres got a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.