* After the box-office and critical success of The Avengers, Joss Whedon will be back to direct the sequel to the first film, also known as the third biggest movie of all time.
* The entertainment world lost two great minds on Tuesday – Marvin Hamlisch, at just 68 years old, who among other achievements, wrote the music for A Chorus Line, and Mark O’Donnell, who co-wrote the musical Hairspray, and was 58.
* The US Embassy has warned of possible violence, ahead of Madonna’s concert in St Petersburg on Thursday, after the singer called for the release of girl group Pussy Riot, who’re on trial for protesting against Russian president Vladimir Putin.
* Aaliyah’s family says there is no posthumous album coming from the late singer.
* Clint Eastwood is back in front of the camera in his first acting role since 2008′s Gran Torino, for a baseball movie starring Amy Adams and Justin Timberlake.
** Bonus trailer – Kathryn Bigelow’s film about Bin Laden, Zero Dark Thirty.