Entertainment Express: Sir Elton John, The Jacksons, Kristen Stewart, Nas, Life of Pi
* Sir Elton John is attending the International Aids Conference in Washington, where he’s met with, among others, South Africa’s deputy president Kgalema Motlanthe. Debra Messing has also been doing her part to decrease the stigma around the issue.
* In the ongoing Jackson Family drama, Katherine Jackson has been temporarily stripped of custody of Michael’s kids, and Tito’s son TJ now has temporary custody of them. Understandably she’s upset, and looking to get back permanent custody.
* In a gossip bombshell of note, Kristen Stewart confirmed she had an affair with her Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders, after pictures of the two of them were published in US Weekly. We’re not one for gossip in these here parts, but it remains to be seen what impact this will have on R-Patz/K-Stew fans at the box office. Oh, and these Twitter comments are funny!
* Nas explains how he went from “life’s a bitch” to Life is Good.
* The Man Booker Prize Longlist is out. The shortlist coming in September.
* The official trailer for Ang Lee’s forthcoming Life of Pi movie has been released. It looks epic!